The Treatment Placement Specialists® team is proud to partner with the FBINAA on Train-the-Trainer workshops for law enforcement leadership. The purpose of these courses is to equip law enforcement leadership with the tools they need to be a resource for mental health and substance abuse issues among their men and women that stems from the trauma experienced out in the field.
About the Comprehensive Officer Resilience Train-the-Trainer Program
The Comprehensive Officer Resilience Train-the-Trainer Program is a three-day training program developed to equip public safety leaders with the ability to change the culture within their organization surrounding behavioral health issues.
The goal of this training program is to promote an environment for well-being among our first responders which ultimately affects officer performance, safety, and attitudes.
The Six Pillars of Health Covered in the Resilience Training
The six pillars of health covered in the training include:
- Physical Health
- Physical health is important to overall well-being, it relates to how well someone can move and manage their physical body to meet daily demands.
- Psychological Health
- Mental health is a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, copes with the normal stresses of life, works productively and fruitfully, and makes a contribution to his or her community.
- Mood and Spiritual Health
- A person with good moral and spiritual health feels a sense of purpose in life and duty to ensure their actions are righteous.
- Societal Health
- Good societal health revolves around the ability to form satisfying relationships with others within family, work, and community.
- Financial Health
- Personal finances and all financial decisions impact other areas of life and directly impact physical and emotional health.
- Professional Health
- Professional health is embodied when a person feels their work and work environment gives them meaning, and is supportive of health, safety, and well-being of employees.
What to Expect from the Resilience Training
In this course, you as a participant get an opportunity to take a step back, self-reflect, and raise self-awareness so that you as a leader are consciously creating a healthy, professional environment. As a leader in the organization you know more than anyone that due to the amount of trauma experienced in the field, first responders often experience prolonged periods of hyper-vigilance which can have devastating effects on their physical and emotional well-being. If police officers and other first responders don’t learn to decompress they can get stuck in this heightened state; negatively affecting performance on the job as well as quality of life. This training will equip students with the tools necessary to implement these principles in their organization and provide the blueprint on how to break the cycle of hyper-vigilance, vicarious trauma, and PTS. The end result is an enhanced employee focus on professional and personal well-being and a renewed motivation to carry out their Oath of Honor to serve their community to the best of their ability.