Lunch & presentation hosted by Dana Free, MBA, Treatment Placement Specialists® and Bayside Marin
Presented by: Matthew Silva, PsyDc, MBA, MA, LPC
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Lunch & Presentation: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
McCormick & Schmick's Bridgeport
17015 SW 72nd Avenue
Tigard, OR 97224
1.5 Continuing Education Credits Provided.
This course will discuss the importance of focusing on the client’s reduction of symptoms and not just solely on abstinence in substance use disorders. It will also educate the participants on how the outcome measurements in Dimensional Recovery are multifaceted and encompass nonclinical factors that are often difficult to measure such as self-esteem and empowerment.
- Recovery from substance use disorder is greater than just abstinence.
- Reducing death must be priority in treating substance use disorder.
- Improvement and reduction of symptoms, in a variety of life dimensions, is part of recovery.
- Measurement is necessary to achieve understanding outcomes with patients’ progress.
- Understanding that treatment of Substance Use Disorders can reduce clinical burn out.
- Approaching SUD recovery dimensionally can empower and provide hope to both the clinician and the patient.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the multifaceted definition of successful treatment of Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- Achieve a better understanding of all the dimensions involved in measuring treatment success of SUD.
- Gain ability to implement these philosophies and techniques to empower SUD patients.
Matthew Silva, PsyDc, MBA, MA, LPC - Chief Executive Office, Bayside Marin
As the CEO at Bayside, Matt is a highly respected business and behavioral healthcare professional with extensive experience in the fields of psychology, counseling and addiction. Matt’s background includes having a successful clinical practice as well as serving as CEO in multiple organizations. He has earned a Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, a Master of Business Administration, and most recently, he is completing a Doctorate in Psychology from California Southern University.
After facing his own personal struggles with addiction, Matt became passionate about developing and implementing better modalities for SUD, including learning more about evidence-based treatments. One of his primary focuses has been the necessity to view SUD treatment more in terms of Dimensional Recovery rather than strictly a substance use issue.
This is a free event for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, and Dentists, but an RSVP is required by completing the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Dana Free at Dana.Free@acadiahealthcare.com or call/text 514-591-2968.